Side Effects of Zithromax
Always take Zithromax as your doctor has prescribed, which will depend on the specific condition you have. Zithromax can be taken with or without food.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Zithromax?
If you miss a dose, call your doctor or pharmacist. Do not take a double dose.
What should I do in case of an overdose?
If you think you have taken too much Zithromax, contact your healthcare provider, a hospital emergency department, or a poison control center immediately – even if there are no symptoms of overdose.
What are the possible side effects of Zithromax?
Side effects are possible when taking Zithromax. If you experience any side effects not mentioned here, please contact your healthcare professional.
Side effects may include:
- Diarrhea / loose stools
- Stomach ache
- Nausea and vomiting
- A headache
Stop taking medications and get immediate medical help if you have side effects listed below:
- Clostridium difficile (inflammatory bowel) colitis: severe diarrhea (bloody or watery) with or without fever, abdominal pain, or tenderness.
- Abnormal heart rhythm: feeling your heart beating in your chest, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, or feeling faint.
- Severe allergic reaction: shortness of breath, swelling of the face, mouth, throat, neck, severe rash, or blisters.
- Liver disorders: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, yellowing of the skin and eyes, dark urine.
- Myasthenia gravis: muscle weakness, drooping eyelids, changes in vision, difficulty chewing and swallowing, trouble breathing.