Side Effects of Zithromax
How to take Zithromax (Azithromycin):
Always take Zithromax as your doctor has prescribed, depending on the specific condition you have. Zithromax can be taken with or without food.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Zithromax?
If you miss a dose, call your doctor or pharmacist. Do not take a double dose.
What should I do in case of an overdose?
If you think you have taken too much Zithromax, contact your healthcare provider, the hospital emergency department, or the Poison Control Center immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
What are the possible side effects of Zithromax?
These are possible side effects when taking Zithromax. If you experience any side effects not mentioned here, please contact your healthcare professional.
Side effects may include:
- diarrhea / loose stools
- stomach ache
- nausea and vomiting
Stop taking medications and get immediate medical help if you have side effects listed below:
- Clostridium difficile (inflammatory bowel) colitis: severe diarrhea (bloody or watery) with or without fever, abdominal pain or tenderness.
- Abnormal heart rhythm – Feeling that your heart beating in your chest, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, or feeling faint.
- Severe allergic reaction: shortness of breath, swelling of the face, mouth, throat, neck, severe rash or blisters.
- Liver disorders: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, yellowing of the skin and eyes, dark urine.
- Myasthenia gravis: muscle weakness, drooping eyelid, changes in vision, difficulty chewing and swallowing, trouble breathing.
I will not say that antibiotics are good, but it’s just part of our life. One way or another, we still sometimes have to take some. Now I already know what drug is worth using, this is Zithromax – a broad spectrum antibiotic in a simple modest packing of 30 tablets. And the price is quite acceptable – $ 1.5 per pill. Antibiotics are used only in the rarest of cases, only when the notorious benefit is more important than harm. But when you have a long cold, with a high fever, turning into more stagnant forms, even just a sore throat, I do not know what an alternative can be. My husband had erysipelas on his fingers. This disease is very difficult to treat. We took a lot of medicines, nothing helped. But one day the doctor said about Azithromycin. Treatment again, but in the end it helped. You can argue about harm, as long as there is no real threat to health.
The doctor appointed me on the first day to drink 2 tablets of 500 mg, and the remaining 4 days for 1 tablet on the first night did not sleep at all – mad tachycardia pressure and the condition of the plasticine man. But in the future the condition only improved until full recovery. In general, the antibiotic helps, but some side effects are possible. However, in my case, I always experience certain side effects after taking antibiotics, most often diarrhea.