Do not use Zithromax (Azithromycin) if you:
- have liver problems when you have used azithromycin;
- are hypersensitive or allergic to azithromycin, or any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic (including erythromycin) or other ingredients of Zithromax.
To avoid side effects, talk to your doctor before you take Zithromax (azithromycin).
You should discuss with your doctor any health conditions or problems you may have, including if you:
- have a known prolonged heart cycle (interval) (QT interval prolongation);
- are currently taking medication known to prolong QT interval (prolong your heart cycle) such as antipsychotic agents and fluoroquinolones (a class of antibiotics); antiarrhythmics (drugs to regulate your heartbeat such as class IA: quinidine, procainamide and class III; dofetilide, amiodarone, sotalol); antidepressants;
- have a history of the life-threatening irregular heartbeat;
- have consistently low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood;
- have a history of heart problems such as slow heart rate, irregular heartbeat or cardiac;
- insufficiency (your heart has a hard time pumping blood to your body);
- are pregnant or think you are pregnant;
- are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. Azithromycin has been reported to be detected in human breast milk. It is not known whether Zithromax may affect your baby;
- ever had liver or kidney problems;
- having a weak immune system;
- ever had an allergic reaction to any medicines, including antibiotics such as erythromycin;
- have myasthenia gravis (a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease that causes muscular weakness);
- have hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or gluconolactone malabsorption as this product contains lactose.
Other Warnings You Should Know About:
You should start to feel better within the first few days, but be sure to take Zithromax (Azithromycin) for the total number of days your doctor prescribed. Although the dose of Zithromax (Azithromycin) is low, you should not expect Zithromax (Azithromycin) to work faster than other antibiotics. If you stop taking Zithromax (Azithromycin) earlier, the infection may return, and next time infection can be worse and be more difficult to treat. If you can not take all the prescribed medicines, tell your doctor.
If you develop diarrhea during or after treatment with Zithromax (Azithromycin), tell your doctor right away. Do not use any medication to treat your diarrhea without first talking to your doctor.
Tell your healthcare provider about all medications you take, including any medications, vitamins, minerals, natural supplements or alternative medicines.
The following may interact with Zithromax (Azithromycin):
- Warfarin (or other anticoagulant medicine);
- Cyclosporin (used to suppress the immune system to prevent and treat rejection in organ or bone marrow transplants);
- Digoxin (used for treatment of heart problem);
- Nelfinavir (used for treatment of HIV infections)
- Ergotamine and ergot derivatives (used for migraine treatment). Ergotamine and ergot derivatives should not be used with Zithromax (Azithromycin).
Some medicines may affect the effectiveness of Zithromax (Azithromycin). Check with your doctor before starting any new prescription or over-the-counter drugs, including natural/herbal remedies or antacids, while on Zithromax (Azithromycin).
Everyone has different thoughts about antibiotics. Of course, it happens that it is impossible without using some. And I had the same situation too, when I was suffering from fever and painful inflammation as a result of the surgery. But you should take that kind of drugs only by the doctor’s decision, especially when you are going to treat colds. People use them too often, even when they can easily go without it. So we are surprised about the weaken immunity after that. Personally I recommend Zithromax pills, more than once I was saved by Zithro when I treat sinusitis or angina. But, as I noted earlier, you should not take this medication too often.
Before the birth of children, I almost did not know what antibiotics are. But after 7 years has already learned almost all kinds of antibiotics and the main active substance of several rows of them. I rarely use antibiotics, but once I got infected from children I had to go to the pharmacy.
I decided to buy immediately an antibiotic with a more powerful action – Zithromax. Also Zithromax compared with similar antibiotics is much cheaper.
This antibiotic has a fairly wide range of actions, treats all kinds of infections of the upper respiratory tract, infections of the lower respiratory tract, skin and soft tissue infections, and infections of the genitourinary system. In general, the antibiotic is apparently universal.
The instructions indicate the method of taking – 1 hour before meal or 2 hours after meal. I already drank this antibiotic a couple of years ago and I remember that when I take it on an empty stomach, there were pains in my stomach. This time I decided to take an hour after eating. Despite this, the pain was still, of course, not as severe as when taken on an empty stomach. But it’s not a pleasure at all.
The good thing is that the course of reception is only 3 days. By the way, the instructions clearly state this side effect – pain in the stomach. In general, I have some problems with the gastrointestinal tract, I thought it can be an individual reaction. The disease was successfully suppressed by an antibiotic.
Apply only after consulting a doctor. And with the appearance of side effects – cancel treatment with the drug.