How to take Zithromax (Azithromycin):
Always take Zithromax as your doctor has prescribed, depending on the specific condition you have. Zithromax can be taken with or without food.
What should I do if I miss a dose of amoxicillin?
If you miss a dose, call your doctor or pharmacist. Do not double the dose.
What should I do in case of overdose?
If you think you have taken too much Zithromax, contact your healthcare provider, the hospital emergency department, or the Poison Control Center immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
What are the possible side effects of Zithromax?
These are not all the possible side effects you may feel when taking Zithromax. If you experience any side effects not mentioned here, please contact your health care professional. Side effects may include:
- diarrhea / loose stools
- stomach ache
- nausea and vomiting
Stop taking medications and get immediate medical help if you have side effects listed below:
- Clostridium difficile (inflammatory bowel) colitis: severe diarrhea (bloody or watery) with or without fever, abdominal pain or tenderness
- Abnormal heart rhythm – Feeling that your heart beating in your chest, abnormal heartbeats, dizziness, or feeling faint
- Severe allergic reaction: shortness of breath, swelling of the face, mouth, throat, neck, severe rash or blisters
- Liver disorders: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, yellowing of the skin and eyes, dark urine
- Myasthenia gravis: muscle weakness, drooping eyelid, changes in vision, difficulty chewing and swallowing, difficulty breathing